Assistant Program Director University Botswana Department of Radiology
University of Botswana
Location: Gaborone, Botswana
Type: Full Time
the University offers competitive salaries and benefits commensurate with qualifications and experience. For information on the University, please visit our website;www.ub.bw
Internal Number: FM/DR 01/2022
The University of Botswana (www.ub.bw) is the largest and most prestigious institution of higher learning in the country. It has opened the country’s first Faculty of Medicine and is affiliated to an adjacent new state-of-art 450-bed, the Sir Ketumile Masire Teaching Hospital. The first MBBS undergraduate intake was in August 2009. Undergraduate medical training is by a Problem Based Learning [PBL] Hybrid approach, which is integrated and community oriented. The Faculty of Medicine runs quite a number of Masters of Medicine (MMed) (residency) programmes.
Duties: the successful applicant will be required to; (i) assist the Head of the Department (HOD) in the education of medical students, radiology residents and junior members of the clinical care team; (ii) assist the HOD in the set up and initiation of a new residency (MMed) programme in Radiology; (iii) coordinate and manage the MMed programme once initiated; (iv) work with the HOD and the teaching hospital leadership to optimise Radiology clinical teaching, quality patient care and research; (v) participate in relevant research; (vi) work with the Dean of the Faculty of Medicine, Deputy Dean of Research and Graduate Studies, HOD and hospital leadership to set priorities in education, research, service, recruitment and infrastructure enhancement; (vii) assist the HOD to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of academic programmes; (viii) act for the HOD as may be required and perform any other duty as may be assigned by the HOD.
1) Bachelor of Medicine/Bachelor of Surgery or other recognised medical qualification (MD)
2) a specialist qualification in Radiology (Board certification). The qualification must be registerable by the Botswana Health Professions Council with a specialist status.
3) a minimum of 5 years of post-specialisation experience in professional practice in Radiology. Candidates with less than 5 years post-specialisation experience may also be considered
4) must have been a lecturer (Assistant Professor) in the preceding 12 months prior to appointment
5) at least 1 year of distinctive record of leadership and administration of university level institution.