Harvard Postdoctoral Fellowship in Machine Learning Modeling for Eye Diseases
Massachusetts Eye and Ear, Harvard Medical School
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Salary: Current NIH Guideline $53,760
Research & Statistical Methods
Telecommuting is allowed.
A postdoctoral position is available in Harvard Ophthalmology Artificial Intelligence (AI) Lab (https://ophai.hms.harvard.edu) under the supervision of Dr. Mengyu Wang (https://ophai.hms.harvard.edu/team/dr-wang/) at Schepens Eye Research Institute of Massachusetts Eye and Ear and Harvard Medical School. The start date is flexible, with a preference for candidates capable of starting in March 2022. The initial appointment will be for one year with the possibility of extension. Review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Salary for the postdoctoral fellow will follow the NIH guideline commensurate with years of postdoctoral research experience.
In the course of this interdisciplinary project, you will collaborate with a team of world-class scientists and clinicians with backgrounds in visual psychophysics, engineering, biostatistics, computer science, and ophthalmology. You will work on developing statistical and machine learning models to improve the diagnosis and prognosis of common eye diseases such as glaucoma, age-related macular degeneration, diabetic retinopathy. You will have access to abundant resources for education, career development and research both from the Harvard hospital campus and Harvard University campus.
The successful applicant will:
1. possess or be on track to complete a PhD or MD with background in mathematics, computational science, computer science, statistics, machine learning, deep learning, computer vision, image processing, biomedical engineering, bioinformatics, visual science and ophthalmology or a related field. Fluency in written and spoken English is essential.
2. have strong programming skills (C++, Python, R, MATLAB, etc.) and in-depth understanding of statistics and machine learning. Experience with Linux clusters is a plus.
3. have a strong and productive publication record.
4. have a strong work ethic and time management skills along with the ability to work independently and within a multidisciplinary team as required.
Your application should include:
1. curriculum vitae
2. statement of past research accomplishments, career goal and how this position will help you achieve your goals
3. Two representative publications
4. contact information for three references
The application should be sent to Mengyu Wang via email (mengyu_wang at meei.harvard.edu) with subject “Postdoctoral Application in Harvard Ophthalmology AI Lab".