Made for Partnerships. Made for Patients. Made for You.
At Canon Medical Systems we partner with our customers to truly understand their needs in imaging and beyond. We develop a full range of imaging solutions, including CT, X-Ray, Ultrasound and MR that address time pressures, workflow constraints, patient comfort and imaging precision to deliver true efficiency coupled with best in class tools for diagnosis. Together, we work on an education plan and develop service solutions that meet your every needs.
Our goal is to work hand in hand with our partners to deliver optimum health opportunities for patients through uncompromised performance, comfort and imaging accuracy. Together, we make it possible.
Function as the business manager, modality product expert and the sales team leader with respect to modality sales activity within the sales Zone. Serve as a liaison between regional sales personnel and the marketing organization, and coordinate the activities of the Zone sales team, report modality business trends and competitive activities. Forecast and negotiate product pricing on modality bookings and billings. Ensure that the assigned modality budget is achieved within the sales zone.
• Responsible for the modality business volume/gross margin performance and that assigned product sales budgets within the sales zone(s) are achieved in accordance with the Zone Sales business plan.
• Accountable for achieving quarterly billings/bookings budget.
• Work with the AE's to ensure the accuracy of the Zone's modality prospect tracking data. Develop and communicate accurate and reliable monthly modality forecasts for the zone.
• Responsible for forecast accuracy (to budget, to plan, booking & billings).
• Maintain the quality of the pipeline and ensure pipeline is adequate to meet sales budget.
• Manage the AE to close opportunities in a timely manner to include win/loss information and reason.
• Manage modality sales activity via the Account Executives including quotes, specifications, presentations, competitive pricing and effective closing of modality equipment orders.
• Drive the sales process including negotiations, closing strategies and managing the quote process.
• Provide the Business Unit with local competitive information, market trends, sales and service pricing, and ensure that an effective product sales strategy is developed and implemented based on national trends as well as regional and local characteristics and conditions.
• Develop and implement market penetration strategies that will increase sales. Leverage competitive analysis and market research to develop sales strategies that will ensure sales success in the assigned sales territory and sales zone.
• Update and audit prospective sales opportunities and contacts using the appropriate CMSU automated sales tools.
• Understand the clinical and technical aspects of the product line in order to serve as primary source of modality information for the Zone sales team and the headquarters Business Units. Responsible for carrying the message to the field team.
• Responsible for modality product training for Account Executives as well as the Zone Sales Managers. Train the Account Executives (AE) on new product information, sales strategy and quote preparation.
• Coach AE through customer qualifying process.
• Manage the site visit process coordination/protocol, including approval process, expenses & timing. Manage and maintain the quality of Regional Show Sites.
• Provide effective resolution to issues that may arise to effectively negotiate and close sales opportunities.
• Perform and manage administrative functions/responsibilities, such as expenses, quotes, SPRs, etc., in an efficient and cost-effective manner.
• Review modality sales activity with the National Product Sales Managers. Participate in monthly rhythm calls to validate the 30-60-90 day forecast and upside by account, review pipeline balances of the fiscal year and full pipeline, review pipeline by AE and identify any concerns, review and discuss YTD budgets per zone, discuss and review any necessary strategies to help close business, and discuss utilization of the Strategic Economic Sales tool.
• Understand the product positioning and market strategies provided by the Business Unit.
• Be proficient in presenting the product presentation developed by the Business Unit.
• Proactively create mind-share to promote the product line. Establish relationships with key thought leaders in the zone (market influencers).
• Communicate sales, positioning and competitive strategies. Provide customer feedback.
• Owner of physician relationships within installed base.
• Create propositions to sell the "value" of Canon.
• Work with the Enterprise Business Unit to develop targeted account sales strategies.
• On own initiative, keep Zone management apprised of budget status and business issues.
• Develop and implement solid strategic business plans that ensure profitable sales growth and budget achievement.
• Display high standards of ethical conduct.
• 5 7 years sales experience within the medical imaging field.
• B. A. or equivalent is preferred.
• Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills.
• Demonstrated PC proficiency in Microsoft Office suite, including familiarity with sales tracking software (such as SalesTrak, OppTrak, or other programs).
• Experience in healthcare economics/finance preferred.
• Strong analytical and business acumen.
• Proven leadership experience.
• A valid and current state driver's license is required.
• This job requires extensive travel within the sales territory, which will entail frequent and extended overnight travel. Although some portion of the weekly working time will be spent in the company's office or the employee's home office, the majority of time will be spent visiting customer sites.
• Employee is required to maintain a safe driving record and possess a valid state driver's license to enable frequent motor vehicle travel within the sales territory.
• Employee will make regular visits to medical facilities. These facilities may have certain standards, which all vendor representatives must meet in order to gain access to these facilities, including the requirement for drug, background and health screening. Employment is contingent on your compliance to the standards established by each facility, as evidenced by the results of the required screenings.