The Section of Musculoskeletal Imaging, within the Department of Diagnostic Radiology, has a full-time opening for an Assistant Professor, clinical faculty appointment. This appointment will primarily serve at one or more of our Houston Area Locations, but still be an integrated member of our TMC faculty.
The Department of Diagnostic Radiology provides comprehensive diagnostic imaging services. The department is the largest department within the institution.
The Section of Musculoskeletal Imaging is an administrative unit that provides comprehensive diagnostic imaging services to screen, diagnose, stage and follow-up patients with musculoskeletal conditions. In the discharge of the Institution's mission, members of the section provide:
(1) excellent, comprehensive and compassionate care for the patients who have or may have cancer;
(2) multimodality approaches to musculoskeletal imaging including computed tomography, magnetic resonance imaging and other general radiologic procedures in a cost-effective environment;
(3) programs and projects conducted to advance fundamental or clinical understanding of cancer;
(4) education for medical students, residents, fellows and pre- and post-graduate scientists; and
(5) interdisciplinary and collaborative approaches to clinical care, research and education.
Qualified candidates must have a medical degree, board certification or board eligible by the American Board of Radiology, licensure by the Texas State Board of Medical Examiners, certification in either Basic Life Support (BLS) or Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS), have post-residency fellowship training in Musculoskeletal Imaging and have at least 2 years experience as Instructor or 5 years psot degree with any combination of time as a clinical, clincal scientist, or GME trainee. The ideal candidate must have the mobility to work at any Houston Area Location.
Please apply by sending a current CV and references to :
John Madewell, M.D.
Professor and Section Chief, Musculoskeletal Imaging
MD Anderson Cancer Center is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local laws, unless such distinction is required by law. All positions at The University of Texas MD Anderson Cancer Center are security sensitive and subject to examination of criminal history record information. Smoke-free and drug-free environment.